Thursday, May 8, 2014

City Color Contour Effects Palette and Be Matte Blushes: Review and Swatches




City Color Cosmetics has been talked about in the beauty community for a while now, praised for their high quality and extremely affordable prices.

Be Matte Blushes:
One of the most talked about products are the Be Matte blushes-It is pretty hard to find a matte blush that is of good quality and not terribly pricey.

Price: $2.99

The shades I picked up are:

Fresh Melon: This is a matte, bright coral with a slight pinkish hue
Blackberry: A matte, medium cool toned plum/berry color.
Pink Grapefruit: This is a cool toned, bubblegum pink

Check out swatches and a full breakdown after the jump!




Swatches:


From top to bottom: Blackberry, Pink Grapefruit, Fresh Melon

What I love about these blushes is they apply so smoothly and don't come off chalky which has been a problem I have ran into with other matte blushes before. The color payoff is lovely and build-able-these swatches were done with no primer/base and one single pass with my finger. The amount of product you get is great- quite a lot more than say a MAC blush, and for the price point of $2.99 each, you can't really go wrong making these a part of your collection! I will definitely be adding more colors to mine, I am hoping City Color expands their color range! There are 8 total colors in the collection now. check out the full range at City Color Cosmetics .

Contour Effects Palette
"The Contour Effects Palette allows you to sculpt your face effortlessly with its easy-to-follow instruction guide. Achieve an ultra defined look with its matte contour and bronzer shades. Don’t forget to let the light perfectly accentuate your cheekbones, forehead, nose and other features with its shimmer highlight. Our newly enhanced formula is highly pigmented and allows you to blend easily for an ultra flawless finish. Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Ideal for all skin types."
Price: $7.99 on sale for $5.99

I love this palette! It is great for travel and for everyday use. The highlighter shade is a perfect one for my fair skin- the contour shade is very dark but when using a light hand it is workable for fair skin-I have been using the bronze shade to contour as well.


Swatches from top to bottom:

Highlight, Bronze, Contour


The pigmentation on these is top notch as well-super easy to blend and work with. The texture is pretty buttery to me which makes it so blendable- I think this palette would be an awesome palette for a beginner with contouring and highlighting! The little instructions are super cute and easy for beginners to follow as well.

Have you tried any products from City Color Cosmetics? Let me know in the comments section below!

2 comments:

Candy Makeup Girl EN said...

I want this contour palette! I guess I will get it on eBay because they aren't shipping to my country :(

Go check out my blog if you want: candymakeupgirlen.blogspot.com

Candy Makeup Girl EN said...

I love this post and your photos are looking really nice so are you :)

Go check out my blog if you want: candymakeupgirlen.blogspot.com