Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Brazilian Wax Experience

So...this is maybe a bit of a personal topic-but I've actually had several questions about bikini waxes and Brazilian waxes. Having never actually gotten one myself (I was always more of a shaver until recently) I decided I should experience it first hand to give you guys a good idea of what to expect!

I'll start off by saying I have a pretty high pain tolerance-but I was expecting it to be far worse than what it actually was. Don't get me wrong-it is definitely painful. On a scale from 1-10 I'd rate it at about a 7. That's definitely the main "con" of getting a Brazilian wax.

I am a pretty shy girl and I was absolutely mortified going into the whole experience. But the spa I went to was lovely and my Esthetician was absolutely wonderful and professional. She took a few minutes to talk me through the process and talked to me throughout the entire waxing to take my mind off of it. The whole process took about 15 minutes and I had zero negative reactions. I didn't get ingrown hairs or any long lasting irritation. I was a little sore but that went away relatively quickly.She also gave me a cream to apply for the next few days to prevent ingrown hairs and to slow the hairs' growth.

It was an awesome feeling not having to shave for well over a month! If you are interested in getting waxed, here are a few tips based on my own personal experience:-)

1) Go to a spa and make sure you're comfortable with the person who will be performing the service.
2) Try not to be nervous or shy-they do this everyday and are entirely used to it!
3)Take an over the counter pain reliever about a half an hour before your appointment.
4) Follow the after care instructions!
5) Don't be afraid to pay a little bit more-it's better to go to someone who really knows what they're doing and is very professional.
6) Don't forget to tip! If your esthetician did a good job and made you feel comfortable, she definitely deserves it!

If anyone wants to send me a question, please don't hesitate! That's what I'm here for:-) If anyone has any of their own stories or tips, please feel free to share them in the comments section below if you want!

2 comments:

Justine Cricks said...

My friends all warned me to just settle for a Bikini Line wax instead of a Brazilian for my first time. But, I felt brave, so I didn’t heed their warning; and off I went to experience that painful “rite of passage for women”. It’s a good thing that my esthetician gave me a numbing cream beforehand. I can't imagine how it felt without the cream!

Gregg Mulherin said...

Ouch! That sounded so painful, Justin! The thought of trimming the line is very agonizing. What more of deforesting the whole area?! I guess you really should give thanks to the numbing cream.

TheHealingStation.net