Monday, October 4, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains Swatches and Review Part II



Hello again! I was able to pick up the rest of what I wanted from this collection so I was really happy about that and am happy to bring you Part Two of my review and swatches! Enjoy!

What I got:
-My Dark Magic Mineralized Eyeshadow Duo
-Oh So Fair Beauty Powder
-Innocence Beware! Lipstick
-Heartless Lipstick
-Wrong Spell Lipglass
-Formidable Nail Polish


Swatches:

Left to Right: Wrong Spell, Heartless, Innocence Beware!



My Dark Magic swatched over Painterly Paint Pot



Formidable



Oh So Fair (Unfortunately, my camera didn't pick this up very well and it is subtle on my very pale skin but it's buildable!)


My Thoughts:

Wrong Spell Lipglass- I thought this was a pretty unique color. I actually like it over Heartless and Dark Deed lipsticks but I also really like it on it's own. It's a dark brownish, plum purple color. I think it'd work for a variety of skin tones but it's a dark color so if you don't like that type of lip look, it might not be for you.

Heartless Lipstick- This is an absolutely stunning shade of red! It's amazing and I think it'd work for most skin tones so if you have always wanted to try a red lipstick and haven't found the perfect one, this is definitely worth checking out! It's a fairly neutral red and is nicely pigmented!

Innocence Beware! Lipstick- I'm so glad I got my hands on this! It's the perfect nude with just the right amount of pink in it! This lipstick is quite an opaque and slightly glossy finish. I absolutely love this shade! I was concerned it might wash me out because I am so pair but tried it on in the store and was very pleasantly surprised that it worked really well!

Oh So Fair Beauty Powder- This is quite subtle on my skin but I actually really like it. It's a beautiful soft pink with a tiny bit of sheen to it. It is buildable so you can wear it for a light flush of color or build it up to be more noticeable. I really like the way this looks as a blush or as a highlighter!

My Dark Magic- I ended up getting this one because I am so madly in love with She Who Dares! Well, I've fallen in love with this one as well! It's absolutely stunning! It's two beautiful shade of blackened purple pink and a violet-ish dark blue based color. Both shades in this duo, like She Who Dares, are very frosty finishes. Really gorgeous and they apply very nicely!

Formidable Nail Polish- Absolutely gorgeous duo chrome polish! It's heavily purple with shimmers of silvery teal, dark violet and some hints of a blueish color. This is the same formula as Bad Fairy and wears the same. I use about 3 coats of these duo chrome polishes to get the best effect. It's absolutely stunning though!


Quick Look:


Products Used:

Face:
-MAC Sculpt and Shape NC15 Foundation
-MAC Oh So Fair Beauty Powder
-Magically Cool Liquid Powder Truth & Light


Eyes:
-French Quarter Greasepaint Stick as a base and liner on the lower lash line
-My Dark Magic MED
-Vile Violet Eye Shadow
-Crystal Avalanche Eye Shadow
-Blacktrack fluidline
-Rimmel Volume Flash mascara


Lips:
-Wrong Spell Lipglass

Be sure to check out my review, swatches and photos of the other Venomous Villains products HERE!

0 comments: