Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Professional Nail Polish



Rimmel Pro Polishes claim to last "Up to 10 days long". Well, when I hear "Up to" in a claim I always wonder what that means exactly. How long does it last without chipping? 1 day? 5 days? 7? 10? Well, I got my answer when I did a little at home manicure.

I used Posh Pink for a full manicure (Photo on the above right) and it lasted a full 7 days without a single chip! On the 8th day, there was a very small chip n my pinky finger.

I was very impressed, especially considering I didn't use a base coat under or a top coat over the polish. The colors I was sent to review were both amazingly gorgeous colors but I fell in love with "Posh Pink" while wearing it. It's such a bright, summery color! One of the best things about Rimmel's pro polishes (in my opinion) are the brush applicators. They are a bit wider and are more flat than the average polish brush and this made the applying process so much easier! The application was smooth and the formula has a great finish!

Violet Metal is a beautiful, shimmery purple with some iridescent hints of blue and pink. It's a very unique color and my very "rocker chic" sister loves it! (So do I, but I am such a "pink" girl, hehe:-) Again, the finish is gorgeous, the application is just as smooth and easy.

I used two coats of each polish and that provided perfect coverage and like I said, I didn't notice one chip until the 8th day. (Yes, I actually noted this on my calendar! I try to be as honest and accurate as I can be.) So my experience with the polishes was great and especially considering the extremely low price tag! I'll probably head out and pick up some more shades...I definitely have my eye on Marine Blue!!

Price: $3.99
Available at: Drugstores, Ulta

Swatches:


"Posh Pink" #330



"Violet Metal" #350

Sorry, these were quick swatches and I didn't clean up the edges a bit:-/ but at least you get a good idea of the colors!!


I was sent these products by PR for the consideration of review.

1 comments:

search engine optimization said...

Polish looks OK....
finishing is not that as compared to BIG brands...
All The Best !!
http://www.ddipro.com