Saturday, April 17, 2010

Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation



I generally don't use drugstore brands of foundation. It's not that I have anything at all against using them, I just haven't found too many that work well for me. I bought this when I was visiting family and somehow managed to forget my regularly used stuff. So I popped in to Walgreen's and bought some Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation.

I'm sure I said this about 1,000 times by now but I am EXTREMELY pale. Ghostly, translucently pale. So pale, people stop and stare at me on the street and ask me if I'm feeling faint or sick. (I'm only exaggerating a little here, folks, honest.) So there is my only real complaint about the PhotoReady Foundation. The lightest color they offer ( 001 Ivory) is a bit too dark for me. I can't say I blame Revlon-I am an unusual breed of pale.

Otherwise, This is pretty good bang for your buck! It's a pretty solid "medium coverage" foundation and I found I didn't need much if any concealer with it. The coverage is fairly buildable but doesn't feel super heavy or cakey on my skin. The finish is a bit on the "dewy" side and evens out skin while leaving it looking fresh and youthful.

The only other issue with the PhotoReady Foundation is if you are going to be using it for a wedding or another special event, the SPF in it isn't desirable for photos. SPF can create a bit of a "halo" effect in pictures so just be mindful of that. Otherwise, It's a pretty good product-although a bit pricier than other drugstore foundations- but it does save you some cash if you'd rather not spring for a high-end foundation.


Price: $11.99
Available at: Drugstores, Target, Walmart, etc.

0 comments: