Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ava Anderson Non-Toxic Skincare




All natural skincare, haircare and cosmetic products are really sought after today. It feels good to know what you're putting on your skin is completely safe. Well, would you be surprised if I told you that Ava Anderson's Non-Toxic is the first line of skin care in which every ingredient in every product scores 0 on the Cosmetics Database toxicity scale?

Ava Anderson is a young teenage girl who was inspired to research and create a completely non-toxic line of skincare and cosmetics after being horrified by a study about hazardous chemicals in the bloodstream of teens commonly found in cosmetics and skin care products. The result? This full Non-toxic skin care regimen.

I had the opportunity to try the cleanser, toner, moisturizer and exfoliator.

The cleanser is interesting to start off with. You don't need to pre-wet your face. You just smooth it on in circular motions (I did this for about a full minute) and then gently wash it off with a warm face cloth. This cleanser is super gentle and also contains anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants so it's great for your skin. I did notice a marked reduction in redness after using it and absolutely no tightness after washing (I HATE the tight feeling my skin gets after washing my face-Ugh!). The fragrance is really pleasant and almost lemony. I think this would be a great cleanser for sensitive skin, for teenage or mature skin. I think it'd suit just about anyone seeing as it's gentle, non-toxic and effective! Price: $19.95

The Toner comes in a spray bottle. You just spritz some product on a cotton swab and swipe it over your face and it'll remove any left over dirt or impurities. The toner contains Yucca (a natural antiseptic) and witch hazel which naturally opens pores and removes impurities. What I loved about this toner is there was absolutely NO stinging/burning sensation and no harsh smell of alcohol but it still left my face feeling really clean! Price: $19.95

Ava Anderson's Non Toxic Moisturizer is enriched with antioxidants and vitamin A and E. Just smooth it gently over neck and face. This was the perfect consistency. it wasn't too heavy or too light. I often have a problem with how heavy a moisturizer is or that it's way too light for me. It's a very silky feeling and left my skin very soft but not oily. It absorbs quickly so it's not just sitting on top of your skin and it smells really nice! Price: $18.95

The exfoliator uses apricot kernels to scrub away dead skin. This is a gentle scrub with just the right amount of exfoliant in it. It left my skin feeling really fresh. There wasn't a lot of redness or irritation after use like a lot of scrubs can give you. This scrub had the same fresh and pleasant scent. Price: $21.95


If you are interested in going completely non-toxic with your skin care products, these would be great to check out! It looks like Ava is also working on Cosmetics and Bath & Body products as well. There's also a line of baby care coming out and a line for Men so be on the look out for those exciting new products!

Available at:Ava Anderson Non-Toxic



I was sent this product for the purpose of review. This is my honest opinion of the product.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing such a great review! I recently found Ava's products & absolutely love them! You're right...the moisturizer is silky, absorbs well, & smells awesome! I love that the cleanser leaves your skin soft & not tight & the toner doesn't dry at all (no alcohol!). I can't wait for the other products to arrive! It's so nice not to have to worry about label reading and potential hazards with her products!

You can also get Ava's line at:
www.NonToxicBelle.com

Heather

Suzanne said...

What a fabulous review for a great product. Thanks so much for sharing.

Geneva said...

Geneva,
Great review and it's absolutely true. Glad to hear you liked the products! I'm an Independent Consultant for Ava Anderson Non Toxic.

My Ava Anderson Non Toxic Online Store

Lyndsi said...

Thank you for this article! I have been using Ava's products for over 2 months and I love them!!

frohman said...

Thank you for sharing your terrific review of Ava's products. Most important thing to take away...

The toxic products we use everyday are absorbed thorugh our skin into our bloodstream. Knowing this, why owuld anyone continue to use products that contain PEG's, SLS, "fragrance" - which contain phthalates 80% of the time.

PLease go to Ava's website to learn more about the TOXIC dangers we face. www.AvaAndersonNonToxic.com

Karen Watts said...

I love Ava's skincare products. I use them daily and love the fact they are non toxic. I found Ava's products when I was doing research for my son that is on a special diet for his Aspergers and found her website. I fell in love with the products and Ava's message and love sharing the message with everyone I meet. http://www.avaandersonnontoxic.com/karenwatts

Deb said...

As one of the 90% of breast cancer survivors with no family history, I have become very focused on using non-toxic products for myself and my daughters. Many of your daily personal care products contain chemicals that mimic estrogen ... and we all know that more lifetime exposure to estrogen increase your chances of developing breast cancer!!!
Thank you Ava!!!!!! I love these products.

organic lipstick said...

Good to know about Ava Anderson's Non Toxic Products...there are so many chemicals in the products these days that it is nice to be able to use something that is natural.

JoAnn said...

Great review! Very happy to hear that you liked the products! I am a new Independent Consultant for Ava Anderson Non Toxic and have heard only positive reviews. Since I was diagnosed with cancer in March of 2009, I have been searching for products like this. I am happy that I finally found Ava Anderson Non-Toxic.

You can find my online store at: wwww.avaandersonnontoxic.com/joannfortman

Shelly said...

Great review! Ava's products are not only great they are affordable! I love the way they make my skin feel and the scent is nice and light. I can't stop talking about it!

www.avaandersonnontoxic.com/shellycoulombe

Obaging said...

Nice review! It is enough motivation for me to try this product for myself.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love her products! The Diaper cream work wonders on a sunburn! Get your here: www.avaandersonnontoxic.com/katiemueller :)