Saturday, September 26, 2009

L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara Review




This has been a pretty anticipated addition to the world of mascaras. I've actually gotten a number of e-mails asking me if I've tried it out and what my thoughts were. Many of you probably recognize the brush....Givenchy Phenonmen Eyes Mascara first came out with the spherical shaped brush. The biggest difference?? The price!

L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara: About $10
Givenchy Phenomen Eyes Mascara: $28

I've tried both mascaras and to be totally honest, I wasn't absolutely IN LOVE with either one. I did find L'oreal's formula slightly less clumpy but that was the biggest issue for me. After the first coat, it started to get really clumpy. Even though I combed through my lashes multiple times, It still didn't look as great as I was hoping. It did lengthen my lashes and added some volume. The best part of the mascara is definitely the brush...the spherical brush makes it alot easier to reach every lash and help fan them out. To minimize clumping, try wiping the mascara wand on a tissue to remove excess product.

Of course, every product works differently for each individual but I had high expectations for L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara and they weren't quite met. I did like it and think it's a very good mascara especially for the price. If you decide to try it (or already have), let me know what you think!!!

0 comments: