Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beauty Questions and Answers!!

Q: I was diagnosed with Vitligo about 3 years ago. I have snow white patches all along my jaw and around my eyes and it's quite noticeable. Is there a makeup that would help even out my skin and hide my Vitligo patches?- Alexis

A: Hi there! Thank you for such a fantastic question. I've studied alot about Vitligo over the years. For those who don't know, Vitligo is a disease that causes patches of skin to lose pigment. The most famous case of Vitligo might be Mr. Michael Jackson's. Also, Lee Thomas, a famous news anchor also has this disease and has written a book about his struggle called "Turning White: A Memoir of Change".

Anyway, on to your question! People who have Vitilgo generally have to use a thicker, cream makeup. MAX Factor Pan Stick Foundation is a good option for those with smaller depigmented patches. You also can check out Coloration where you can get a customized color kit. If you have anymore question, please feel free to e-mail me anytime!!



Q: Should I exfoliate my legs after I shave?- Jenny

A: Actually, using a mild exfoliator before you shave your legs helps you get a closer shave by removing the top layer of dead skin.

Q: How can I keep my lipstick from fading during the day?- Kelly

A: While we might not be able to keep from reapplying our lipstick at some point throughout the day, we can help it last a bit longer by applying one coat to smooth but dry lips and blot on a tissue. Dust some translucent powder lightly over the first coat and then apply the second coat over that. There are also lip sealants on the market for special occasions like weddings!

If you have a beauty or style question for me, don't hesitate to e-mail me!! Don't forget to enter the LUSH and MAX Factor giveaways! Have a great day everyone and be sure to subscribe!!

0 comments: