Sunday, April 26, 2009

Product Review: Chella Balancing Clay Mask




Over the past 3 weeks, I've been using Chella's Balancing Clay Mask with Hectorite Clay & Copper. Here's some Product Info from Chella's site:

Product Description: For All Skin Types. This non-drying clay mask is a combination of calming and hydrating minerals that work synergistically to draw out toxins and impurities, refine pores and leave skin clean, balanced and younger looking. This clay mask can also be used as a spot treatment on blemishes.

Directions: Following cleansing, apply generous amount to damp face and neck, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Follow with appropriate Chella tonic. For best results use 1-2 times per week. Can be used as a spot treatment on blemishes.

Key Ingredients:

Antioxidants
Alfalfa Extract - Alfalfa Extract is a natural cleanser. It contains vitamins A, B, C, D and E
Green Tea - The topical application of green tea helps to repair sun damage, prevent premature skin aging, and enhance skin tone while stimulating new cell growth.
Seaweed - Seaweed contains vitamins A and C as well as draws out toxins from the skin.

Botanicals
Allatonin - Helps to boost skin's moisture and natural recovery ability
Aloe Vera - Has anti-irritant and healing properties that soothe and cool skin
Avocado Oil - An extremely moisturizing oil that provides long lasting hydration
Ginger Root - Stimulates skin circulation and gives skin a healthy glow
Gotu Kola - Has healing and antibacterial properties that help to heal and prevent breakouts in addition to containing anti-psoriatic properties
Grape Seed Extract - Has antioxidant properties which help to neutralize free radicals that can damage skin and cause premature aging. In addition,it inhibits enzyme reactions which break down skin firming collagen and neutralize free radicals which cause skin to age rapidly.
Horse Chestnut Extract - Helps to stimulate skin circulation and gives skin a healthy glow
Licorice Extract - Effective for purifying skin and brightening skin tone and which works as an anti-irritant

Minerals
Copper - Supports and stimulates collagen and elastin production in addition to wound healing
Hectorite Clay - Helps tighten the skin layers, re-hydrates dehydrated sells, draws out toxins and impurities and leaves the skin cleansed and balanced.

Vitamins
Vitamin B5 - Boosts skin's moiture retention, suppleness and elasticity
Vitamin C - Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) is one of the relatively few topical agents whose effectiveness against wrinkles and fine lines is backed by reliable scientific evidence

Complete Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Kaolin (Ci 77004), Hectorite, Glycerin, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Titanium Dioxide Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus (Butcher’s Broom) Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Acetate), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin, Polysorbate 80, Lactose, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Size: 75mL

Price: $45.00


My Opinion:
I've used it twice a week for three weeks and I have noticed a major difference in my skin. I have combination skin and alot of times I have the frustrating problems with products either making my skin too oily or drying it out. Luckily for me, this mask didn't to either of those things! I washed my face with my normal skin cleanser and then rinsed with warm water and applied the Balancing Clay Mask. I left it on for about 10 minutes and then rinsed it with warm water and splashed my face with cold water. I noticed my skin felt soft and really refreshed. There wasn't any drying or flaking at all!

After the second week of use, I noticed my skin was alot more even in tone, I had zero new break outs, my current breakout was lessening, and my t-zone seemed to be less oily. I personally found the product worked really well for me and it was easy to do twice every week for 10 minutes. This one gets two thumbs up from me, I loved it! It definitely made some impressive improvements in my skin!

Check out more about this Chella product and others HERE at Chella's site! Be sure to check back for my review of NeuLash Active Eyelash Technology!

6 comments:

longge said...

If you have ever shopped ugg ultra tall boots, then you will be aware of the ugg ultra short boots design and color philosophy of this ugg boots . It manufactures shoes by doing wild yet acceptable experiments and has been successful in doing varied experiments. ugg are being sold in two-tone color scheme and women have been accepting this kind of uggs color contrasting.

Website Design Bangalore said...

I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Roller Blinds India said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post
regards...

lyric hearing aid said...

This is really awesome tips posted in this blog,....

Software Test Metrics said...

Thanks for sharing your unique point of view on this subject.

Free Web Directories Links said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog.