Sunday, February 8, 2009

Product Review: Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation with SPF 20




Mineral makeup has been a much loved beauty trend for quite some time now- almost every major makeup brand has added mineral foundations and products to their lines. Honestly, I have never been a fan of mineral foundation- I used Bare Minerals and a host of other brands but I personally found that it left my skin looking powdery no matter how much I buffed it into my skin. I also felt it on my skin and didn't care for that at all. I know it works great for a lot of people but it really didn't do anything for me.

Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation, on the other hand, is truly different. It comes in an innovative grinder compact, that you twist to release the product, so you get the perfect amount for every application. It's completely mess free and you don't have any product going to waste. The powder is light and very easily blended into a flawless finish. The coverage is buildable to your own personal needs. It reduces the appearance of pores and quite easily covered my imperfections. This formula doesn't settle into fine lines or create dry patches. It doesn't leave the skin looking cakey or powdery. The fact that the product is freshly ground every application means you won't be putting contaminated product on your face which will help keep your skin healthy and break out free.

Pure Finish Mineral Powder foundation is safe for sensitive skin, talc and fragrance free, non-acnegenic and won't clog pores. It also has moisturizing benefits, adds the look of luminosity to the skin and contains Vitamin A, C and E which help protect your skin from environmental damages.


The brush that is sold separately but is made to give the very best application of product is incredibly soft, full and angled. The bristles are made of nylon and are meant to provide even coverage every time. If you're looking for a new foundation, this one is worth every penny from my experience with it. Available in 8 shades (Pictured below) for $37.50. The brush is $28 and includes folding mini face brushes to put in your purse for on the go touch ups!


Check out more on this great new foundation and more fabulous products at Elizabeth Arden's Official Website! Also stay tuned for a review on Elizabeth Arden's new fragrance, "Pretty"!

1 comments:

DANA said...

Wow, what a great review! Thank you! You've sold me to this product haha, cause I saw this today and wasn't sure whether to get it or not as I could not find a tester, but after reading this, I really want it. Now!! Hahaha...

Cheers ;)
dana @ http://blushfully.blogspot.com/