Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Product Preview: Olay Professional Pro X Products


The smart people at Olay have been at it again, coming up with new products to help in the never ending fight in the anti-aging wars. Our newest ally in the fight would be their Olay Professional Pro X.

I tried their kit which contains the following:
Age Repair Lotion with SPF 30 [1.0 fl oz (30 ml)].
Wrinkle Smoothing Cream [1.0 oz (28 g)].
Eye Restoration Complex [0.3 fl oz (9 ml)].

You can pick this starter kit up for approximately $58.99 - $62.99 in stores such as Wal-Mart, Target etc and you’ll get a nice little bang for your buck. I used the products on clean skin, like this. The age repair (which is reported to be good for UV exposure, Skin dryness and Fine lines and wrinkle) lotion goes on clean skin every morning, followed by the Eye Restoration Complex which the company tells us will also help skin’s dryness, Crow’s feet, dark circles and eye puffiness. The night time Regimen includes the wrinkle Smoothing Cream (good for alleviating skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven skin texture) followed again with the Eye Restoration Complex. Following this routine for about two weeks should show you marked improvement in your skin if you had any of the above mentioned issues, although I would add these products would be a good addition to your beauty routine regardless because of their helpfulness with UV exposure.

As for my personal findings, I enjoyed the rich, creamy consistency of each of the products. They all went on smoothly and felt good going on my face. They weren’t sticky or goopy, nor did they feel like they sucked in so fast that I felt like a giant sponge creature inhabiting the bathroom. They had a slightly herbal smell which I prefer to the slightly medicinal retinol-type products that claim similar results.

I tend to have dryer skin in the cheek/under eye area, and I found that I remained a little dry in that area, so had to add a little moisturizer to that area under my make-up, but that would not deter me from using these products. Anyway, overall, after the trial period, my skin felt very soft and generally, better than it did before I started using the products. I would definitely give them a thumbs up and would recommend them to anyone who might be concerned with smoothing any fine lines or wrinkles that might be starting. The fact that the size products in the starter kit are all 1 oz or under, make them perfect for travel too, a nice perk.

1 comments:

buy ponds age miracle said...

This is very interesting product i love this:)

vee