Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Suggested Expiration Dates for Your Makeup

I've gotten a few e-mails asking about this topic because there are some differing opinions and advice out there about the shelf life of your makeup. I know that can get pretty confusing. I like to play it pretty safe with my makeup so here are my expiration date suggestions:

(Note: Some products have the shelf life written on the box the product comes in so check your boxes when buying a new product.)

Foundation: 12 Months
Concealer: 12 Months
Face Powder: 12 Months
Powder or Cream Blush: 12 Months
Eye Shadow (powder): 12-24 Months
Eye Liner: 12-24 Months (Try to sharpen pencils often.)
Mascara: 6 Months
Lipstick: 24 Months
Lip Liner: 12-24 Months


Brushes: Make sure to wipe your brushes clean of product after every use and wash them with a brush cleaner every week. This will ensure you get the longest life out of your brushes and make sure they are in good condition for best results in your makeup application.

Remember if any of your products look or smell funny, get rid of them and replace them with a new product.

2 comments:

Trendology said...

I need to be better about refreshing my make-up. siiigh

Jeremy said...

Agreed. You definitely want to look at/for the expiration dates. Well said.

Jeremy
carrotattache@yestocarrots.com